Barclays Center is one of the newest and greenest venues in the country. ‘B’ Green presented by National Grid, is our initiative to bring an environmental perspective to everything we do, educating our guests while driving sustainable practices throughout our own operations.
EASY WAYS FOR YOU TO ‘B’ GREEN AT BARCLAYS CENTER
- Transit to ‘B’ Green: Over 75% of our guests take public transit. Barclays Center is located on top of one of the largest transit hubs in New York. With 9 subway lines, and direct access to the LIRR, public transit is the fastest, most convenient way to travel here. Learn how here.
- Bike to ‘B’ Green: Ride your bike to the game! Barclays Center features bike racks for 400 bikes at the corner of Dean Street and 6th Avenue.
- Recycle to ‘B’ Green: Recycle plastic cups, bottles, aluminum cans, paper and cardboard trays at recycling receptacles throughout the venue. Receptacles are located on all concourse levels, suites and the Daily News Plaza. Levy Restaurants is thrilled to work with 37 local vendors to bring a taste of Brooklyn to fans.
- Download to ‘B’ Green: Join the Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center in our efforts to print less paper. Download the new Barclays Center mobile app to follow public transit directions to the arena and review the seating map to find your seats when you arrive. You can also read the latest headlines on your favorite team on your phone by downloading the Brooklyn Nets mobile app. Both are available on iTunes and Android.
‘B’ GREEN BEHIND THE SCENES
‘B’ Green presented by National Grid, is important behind the scenes on a daily basis. Barclays Center sustainable design features and operational controls help us to reduce our overall impact to the environment. Some of our specific sustainable concentrations include:
- Installation of energy-efficient LEDs throughout the Arena and offices
- Ensure that lights, TVs and LEDs are only in use when needed, especially on non-event days
- Installation of waterless urinals and efficient low-flow fixtures to reduce water consumption
- Construction of a storm water retention system
Recycling and Waste Diversion
- Recycling cardboard and mixed recyclables from our bars and kitchen prep areas
- Partnering with Levy Restaurants, our food service provider, to reduce food packaging waste
- Recycling printer-toner and utilize document management by TGI Office Automation
- Proper training staff on waste program procedures
About National Grid
National Grid has a strong legacy of service in the communities we have the privilege to serve. Our company provides green initiatives to help customers manage their energy use and protect our natural resources. We have a wide range of energy efficiency programs including rebates for high efficiency energy-saving equipment, incentives to convert to clean burning natural gas and we offer paperless billing to reduce consumption of paper. Our partnership with Barclays Center and the Brooklyn Nets supports our commitment to help local communities get the most out of their energy usage. It’s all part of our customer promise to serve our customers and our communities and provide the energy that enables them to live, work and enjoy life to the fullest.
Our Committed Partners
Behind the Scenes
Sign up for our Barclays Center Behind the Scenes newsletter and receive event updates, presale notices and more! Sign Up Now!