In April and May 2018, Pedestrian traffic will be limited around Barclays Center, due to sidewalk repairs.
As of July 2014, construction commenced on Atlantic Ave. for a brand new Long Island Rail Road tunnel. Please be aware of the following temporary traffic pattern changes:
Pedestrian Path of Travel
- Pedestrians cannot walk on the arena sidewalk on 6th Ave between Dean St and Atlantic Ave
- Expect temporary reductions/closures of arena sidewalk on Dean St between Flatbush Ave and 6th Ave
Vehicular Path of Travel
- Expect delays on Flatbush Ave between Bergen St and Atlantic Ave
- Expect delays on Atlantic Ave between Flatbush Ave and 6th Ave
- Drop off space for events is accessible at Calvin Klein VIP entrance
- Other areas for pick up/drop off (adjacent to Barclays Center) are on the shoulders of Flatbush Ave northbound between 5th Ave and Atlantic Ave.
Our operations team is working closely with city agencies to mitigate traffic. However, we advise Barclays Center guests to allow for additional travel time when driving to the arena. As always, we encourage our guests to use mass transit to Barclays Center, which is located adjacent to one of the largest transportation hubs in New York City.
The Long Island Rail Road tunnel, to be located under Atlantic Ave. by the arena, is a key component of the new rail yards for the Pacific Park development, and will greatly improve efficiency and provide necessary progress for the LIRR system.
We will continue to provide you with extensive communication during the construction period and are committed to ensuring the best possible experience for all of our guests.