Barclays Center Transportation AdvisoryNov 2, 2012
BROOKLYN (November 2, 2012) – The Brooklyn Nets are hosting their first regular season game at Barclays Center against the Toronto Raptors, tomorrow, November 3, at 7:30 p.m.
Given disruptions and closures to transportation caused by Hurricane Sandy, the Brooklyn Nets are issuing the attached transportation advisory for guests, which is also available at www.BrooklynNets.com
The Brooklyn Nets are marking this historic game by offering a variety of entertainment and highlights during the evening.
- The Brooklyn Nets Super Hero will be unveiled just before the Nets pre-game player introductions.
- The team will introduce its new anthem entitled Brooklyn: Something To Lean On written and recorded by Brooklyn’s own John Forté, a Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, and producer.
- The American National Anthem will be sung by Chrisette Michele, an R&B singer-songwriter, and the Canadian National Anthem will be performed by Lorenzo Bell.
- Brooklyn Nets Opening Night Commemorative t-shirts will be distributed to every fan in attendance.
Highlights of the transportation plan include:
Special Free Shuttle Buses: The Brooklyn Nets have leased a fleet of Best Trails and Travel buses to offer fans free round-trip transportation on a first-come, first-served basis from Manhattan, at 9th Avenue between 40th and 41st streets, to Barclays Center. The first bus will depart at 4:30 p.m., with five additional buses arriving for pick-up approximately every 15 minutes. After the game, passengers can re-board the buses on Atlantic Avenue, directly across the street from the arena, near South Portland Avenue, to return to Manhattan.
MTA Buses: All MTA Brooklyn bus routes have been restored with limited service, however the MTA will be providing additional buses to the routes serving the arena as necessary for both the pre and post game periods. Eleven bus lines stop near the arena: B25, B26, B38, B41, B45, B52, B63, B65, B67, B69, and B103. In addition, the MTA will continue to offer free buses from Manhattan’s East Side, with pick-up at 54th Street and Lexington Avenue and which will be stopping at 4th Avenue and Pacific Street, one block west of the arena. The trip will make six stops.
Subways/LIRR: Some subway and LIRR lines are working and will bring fans to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center or LIRR Atlantic Terminal. The D, R, 4 and 5 trains from Brooklyn stop at Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center and the A train is stopping at nearby Lafayette Avenue. This morning Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced that full service has been restored on the Lexington Ave 4 and 5 trains between the Bronx and Brooklyn, including Atlantic Ave.-Barclays Center. LIRR service will be operating hourly between Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica only.
Parking: Ticketholders are encouraged to utilize the Barclays Center pre-paid parking system, operated by Click and Park, at www.BarclaysCenter.com
Black Cars: For patrons utilizing black cars, drivers must be notified that no-idling laws will be strictly enforced. A drop-off/pick-up zone is available on the east-bound side of Atlantic Avenue between Fort Greene Place and 6th Avenue.
Yellow Taxis: Fans are reminded that yellow taxis in the City will be picking up multiple passengers.
Bicycle Parking: Barclays Center offers a free and secure bicycle parking lot for 400 bikes at the corner of Dean Street and 6th Avenue, just steps from the Dean Street entrance.
Carpooling: Barclays Center encourages carpooling. The Click and Park pre-paid reservation system offers discounted parking passes for HOV vehicles; HOV status is three people per vehicle or proof of purchase of a minimum of three tickets to the game.
Additional Staffing: Barclays Center will offer additional staff stationed outside the arena in key locations to assist patrons with logistical travel issues, etc.
Early Arrival Encouraged: In order to spread out traffic and make transportation easier overall, Barclays Center is opening its doors to patrons at 5:30 p.m. A special offering on food in the arena will be in place from 5:30 to 7 pm.
Entrances: The following are the arena’s three general entrances and one VIP entrance.
- Geico Atrium, the Main Entrance, located at the Intersection of Flatbush Avenue and Atlantic Avenue. The American Express Box Office is located here.
- EmblemHealth Atlantic Entrance, Northeast corner of arena on Atlantic Avenue.
- EmblemHealth Dean Entrance, Southeast corner of arena on Dean Street.
- Calvin Klein VIP Entrance, Northwest corner of arena on Atlantic Avenue.