Statement Regarding Incident at Islanders Game on December 15, 2015Dec 18, 2015
On Tuesday night, December 15, there was an altercation during an Islanders game when arena staff tried to restrict guests from accessing an unauthorized area. Management immediately initiated an investigation, including reviewing all videos, meeting with staff and speaking to fans who were involved in, or witnessed, the incident. Law enforcement authorities were also notified of the incident. Any parties found to have acted inappropriately or in violation of arena policies will be dealt with accordingly.
Barclays Center is immediately implementing the following five-point plan to help prevent incidents like this from happening again during Islanders games:
- Reinforce security and guest services training with staff.
- Further communicate Barclays Center alcohol policies to fans, which includes two drink per purchase limit.
- End beer and alcohol sales at the end of the second intermission.
- Convene season ticket holder focus groups within 30 days to discuss arena-fan relations.
- Remind all guests of Barclays Center’s zero tolerance for any type of racial or discriminatory language or behavior.